5.08.2008

Welcome!

I have been thinking about this project for quite some time. I keep getting questions from friends and family about meal ideas and every once and a while someone says "I wish I just had a menu I could follow every week". So here it is. I plan to include new menu plans every week, hints for different illnesses or health problems and also little indulgences meant for the weekend. After all I am a baker at heart and believe that at the heart of any lasting meal plan is a little chocolate! Keep checking back and I hope you will all enjoy. I am in the process of making the blog look a little nicer to so keep your eyes open for that. And if you like what comes please add me to your blog!

Hint #1: Salt. The only thing i every really learned from the infamous Doc of Maglebys is that salt is the only thing that can make food inedible. Other things may make it less desirable but salt can ruin it. So before you add salt to anything, taste it! See if it needs it. That includes once it has gotten to the table. It kills me when people add salt to food at the table before they taste it, how can the possibly know how much it needs. If you monitor this better you'll find your food tasting better and you consumption of salt will drop. Something that would be good for anyone.

3 comments:

Mrs.Goates said...

I'm excited to see some of your meal plans Joy!

Sarah said...

We are so excited to follow your blog and weekly menu - we are always looking for fresh, new (and quick) ideas!

allison said...

can't wait to hear your ideas!