1.06.2009

DECEMER ...

oh yah....

I had a lot of high hopes for December. Healthy habits, getting healthy, instead

My life turned a little more upside down.

John was "temporarily transferred" to the o.c. and I moved into my parents house for the interim. It was the best option to be close to John but still be able to get things done during the day.

I have cooked...
maybe one meal in the last month.


Do you have a mother? Is she a great cook?

Exactly.

I feel rusty, I feel out of place and I need my kitchen back.

Hence the lack of blogging. It is difficult to write about cooking when you aren't cooking.

What have I been doing:

I've been typing up:
my mom's recipe collection (thank you iphoto book)
my grandmothers recipes (thank you blurb)

From this I have learned:

How much recipes have changed in the last hundred years, do you even know what suet is?
How time consuming writing a cookbook is, but at the same time how incredibly worthwhile to preserve something of worth.
How grateful I am for history, for the women who came before me.

What does the future bring:

Some more finishing touches for my Grandma's book
Finishing a never-ending old-fashioned quilt (but that's more my sister's specialty)
Moving back to my own house... next week... I hope I hope!
More recipes, coming soon,
because I need to get

JOY back in the KITCHEN

2 comments:

Erin A said...

Hey! I've been wondering what the heck you've been doing? So we will see you soon? Will you be selling this amazing cook book?

edwardsfamily said...

Can you put a recipe for Manicotti on here? :) I remember it....soo yummy! Are you sure you can't move here..maybe next door?