10.14.2008

Caesar Salad

I love Caesar salad, and have a hard time believing someone does not.
Mine might change your mind.


Croutons:


1/2 baguette sliced thin
olive oil
salt
pepper
parm

Lay out slices of baguette on cookie sheet. Drizzle olive oil and add salt pepper and parm liberally. Bake at 400 until light brown. Yumm! Don't eat them ALL before they get in the salad.


Dressing:

Sometimes I make my own, sometimes I use store bought. On Sunday I thought I was going to use a bottle I had in the fridge only to find out there wasnt enough, here is my solution. And honestly, even if you do have enough, think about mixing what you have with my additions, it adds a fresh feel.

1 cup dressing
1 lemon, juice and zest
1/4 cup parm
1 tsp garlic
1 T dijon mustard
1/2 cup olive oil

Mix everything but the oil together. Then slowly add the oil while whisking so that the dressing doesn't break. Delicious!

That's it. Add these two to a head of romaine, and maybe some more cheese. Sometimes I add tomatoes, bacon or fried cheese, but honestly the salad doesen't even need it.

1 comment:

allison said...

I will definitely try making my own dressing next time.
Yum!