10.03.2008

Dessert Plates and Macaroons


There are very few things that can improve upon a great dessert:

1. a dollop of whip cream
2. a tablespoon of ganache
3. a great dessert plate


I collect gorgeous dessert plates. I love having a collection that I can use and display. It is a mixture of plates from generations past and new ones I can't help but pass up. It's something that makes me happy and makes dishing up dessert for friends even more fun.

Brown Sugar Coconut Macaroons
one of my very favorite cookies, and look great on a colorful dessert plate



2 2/3 cups coconut
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/4 t salt
3 egg whites
1/2 t vanilla

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix all ingredients(so easy!) Bake on parchment paper or a silpat for 15-20 minutes. You can dip in chocolate after they are cooled, but I usually can't wait to eat them!

1 comment:

merideth said...

i also love to collect plates and make cookies....hmmm two things that may run in our family.