9.27.2008

Why My Feet Are SO DIRTY


Today one of my dreams came true. I know am the proud tender of my very own vegetable garden. We made the framework for the box garden a few months ago, but because of the hot arizona summer we decided to wait to plant until Fall. Today was the day. Two tons of dirt, 3 trips to home depot, too much raking dirt, and one plant shopping trip later we have a garden.

This fall I planted:

Roma Tomatoes
Broccoli
Eggplant
Anaheim Peppers
Artichokes
Butter Lettuce
Zucchini


Some of these are supposedly great for winter here, others we are just hoping, praying will work (tomatoes) because we miss garden fresh ones so dearly. I also bought new basil, more thyme, rosemary and mint(mint mostly because it smells so pretty). I put those in pots beside the garden, for one because I got overly ambitious on what could fit in the garden and for two I thought it gave the garden some nice variance. We also put in a drip line for easy watering and put up some temporary (homemade) sunshades to keep the still 105 degree sun off the plants.

And now, I am in heaven.

2 comments:

Power Up Love said...

Your profile said you loved chocolate and the kitchen. I opened the blog page and first saw the photo of your feet. For a moment I thought that you spilt chocolate over your feet while you were in the kitchen. But the photos of the garden explain everything. It actually looks like fun.

merideth said...

wow i am so impressed. i want a garden too....but i have no energy right now. those pots are so super cute. good job.